Nanopath is working to develop a first-in-class in vitro diagnostics platform to revolutionize the way we diagnose chronic and infectious diseases. Nanopath is a seed-stage company spun-out of Dartmouth’s Engineering School in partnership with Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. As a company, we are dedicated to the development of disease diagnostics that improve human health. We are committed to health equity and the design of solutions for underserved populations and low-resource settings. Corporate sustainability – both environmental and social - is at the forefront of our decision-making.
Nanopath is seeking a highly motivated candidate who will work directly with the founders to design and validate our proprietary diagnostic biosensing platform. The ideal candidate has a passion for improving human health through product development and design coupled with a drive to innovate at the intersection of physics and bioengineering.
- Lead design and optimization of Nanopath’s proprietary biosensing platform
- Design and integrate microfluidics component of an assay for clinical sample processing
- Iterate biosensor and assay design as we take the product through clinical trials and regulatory submissions
- Work with top-tier product development contractor to validate assay compatibility with benchtop readout instrumentation
- Remain at the cutting-edge of the physics-bioengineering interface through careful theoretical analyses
- Work directly with founders to define product vision, represent the company at top-tier academic conferences
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, fabrication, and testing of microfluidic and/or lab-on-a-chip systems
- Experience in micro and nano-scale fabrication processes, design-for-manufacture, and/or human-centered design
- Experience with simulation tools to understand and enhance light-matter interactions and microfluidic design, including heat and flow control
- Experience working in biological laboratories with a comprehensive knowledge of wet lab instrumentation and equipment
- Comfortable with the design of optical readout instrumentation, including optical alignment and component selection
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly organized with demonstrated curiosity, scientific rigor, and creative problem-solving
- Proactive self-starter with eagerness to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Passion for technology translation and willingness to shape Nanopath’s mission
Nanopath Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.