Synlogic™ is bringing the transformative potential of synthetic biology to medicine. We are building the premier Synthetic Biology platform to engineer bacterial Synthetic Biotic medicines which benefit patients in new ways
Using a platform that leverages reproducible, modular approach to microbial engineering, Synlogic designs Synthetic Biotic medicines that target validated underlying biology to treat disease in new ways.
Synlogic’s proprietary pipeline includes Synthetic Biotics for the treatment of metabolic disorders including Phenylketonuria and Enteric Hyperoxaluria. The company is also building a portfolio of partner-able assets in immunology and oncology.
We combine Human Logic and Science Logic to drive meaningful work, careers, and life at Synlogic. We foster a people-focused environment grounded in: Compassion, Transparency, Collaboration & Fun, while adopting a patient-focused mindset to inspire: Innovation, Integrity, High Performance, and life - changing Results.
We continue to build and enhance our organization. If you want a settled environment, pursuing a well- walked path then this environment is probably not for you. If you want to challenge yourself and build your career while bringing the transformative potential of synthetic biology to patients then we’d love to hear from you.
Synlogic is seeking a motivated associate with experience in bioanalytical sciences for a position in the Quantitative Biology team. The ideal candidate will have the unique opportunity to actively contribute to Synlogic’s cross-functional metabolic program teams: from early discovery to clinical stages of drug development. This role will contribute to our in-house assay development and implementation to characterize engineered bacterial strains, broadly supporting product development and in vivo pharmacology efforts. The successful candidate will be collaborating with Synthetic Biology, Pharmacology, and Process Development and Manufacturing Sciences teams to advance our Synthetic Biotics pipeline.
- Routinely perform quantitative metabolite assays in various biological matrices with rapid turnaround times
- Develop early-stage assays with new sample preparation approaches (as needed) to quantitate in- vitro and in-vivo metabolites.
- Generate data reports, maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook, communicate results with other scientists, and provide data presentations.
- Work collaboratively with program teams to advance research projects and support regulatory filings.
- Operate and maintain LCMS and HPLC instrumentation and reagent supplies. Troubleshoot instrumental issues as needed.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2-5 yrs of relevant laboratory experience.
- Bench and operational experience in quantitative LCMS and HPLC small molecule analysis is required.
- Experience performing data analysis and statistics with Excel is required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and an ability to work independently to solve technical problems.
- Highly organized with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- The ideal candidate would have:
- Understanding of FDA guidance for bioanalytical method qualification
- Experience contributing to regulatory filings, including IND applications
- Proficiency in microbiology and molecular biology techniques
- Experience using GraphPad Prism software
- Experience with DMPK studies
We are at our best when we combine Human Logic and Science Logic to build great teams and deliver outstanding results. Our 6 values of Compassion, Fun, Trust & Respect, Innovation, Integrity and Results are central to our organization.
Synlogic is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, embracing diversity in all forms. Synlogic hires, trains, compensates and promotes talented Synlogicians regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by the laws and cultures of the geographies in which we operate. We believe in lifting others both inside and outside of the company, ensuring all of our community has access to opportunities and innovative therapies.
Our compassion for patients is the engine that drives our innovation and motivates our sense of urgency; always remembering that patients are waiting. Our compassion for each other creates a safe environment for continuous risk taking and personal development – facilitating a rapidly moving, fast- paced environment. We connect with our colleagues by having fun together.
We take our work seriously and value integrity in producing the highest quality work. We trust each other, respecting all ideas and driving accountability to generate the best results for our patients and team. We encourage openness, direct feedback and transparency in decision-making to enable an inclusive, nimble environment.
We seek individuals who exemplify these behaviors and who encourage others to do the same.