About Carmine Therapeutics
Carmine Therapeutics is pioneering a powerful new class of drugs based on engineered red blood cells extracellular vesicles (RBCEVs). Founded by Esco Ventures and Professors Harvey Lodish, Minh Le and Jiahai Shi, Carmine’s proprietary Red Cell EV Gene Therapy (REGENT™) platform has the potential to overcome the most critical short-comings of viral-based gene therapy vectors. The company’s non-immunogenic system has already demonstrated the ability to deliver payloads over 30 kb, and to boost transgene expression through re-dosing . Carmine was awarded the 2019 Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Golden Ticket to LabCentral (Cambridge, MA) and has established a research collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceuticals in a deal worth over $900M USD. The company is well capitalized and headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with an additional location in Singapore.
About the Role
The CMC Team in Cambridge is looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to work in the Analytical Development team to help develop and implement analytical techniques for RBCEVs. Reporting to the Associate Director of Analytical Development, this position will collaborate in creating phase-appropriate analytical methods for RBCEV development candidates.
Experience & Qualifications
- Develop and execute analytical methods for the characterization of loaded and unloaded RBCEVs
- Generate, interpret, and analyze data
- Contribute to analytical methods qualification/validation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Participate in presentations, reports, patent filings, and external communications
- Collaborate with external CMO commercial partners
- Support the continued creation and expansion of company’s intellectual property
- An analytical development scientist with a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related scientific discipline and 1-2+ years of experience in an industry setting, or an MS in a related field and 4+ years relevant industry experience.
- Experience in the following would be an asset: Methods for nanoparticle analysis and counting, HPLC, qPCR/ ddPCR
- Willingness to explore and learn new analytical methods
- Knowledge of gene therapy/nucleic acid delivery/extracellular vesicles is an advantage
- Team oriented, highly motivated, able to productively interact with other functions, such as Research and Process Development