Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Working within Vizgen’s technology team and working closely with Vizgen’s wet lab and field support groups, the Bioinformatician will leverage strong programming skills to build and maintain our bioinformatics infrastructure and tackle challenging computational biology problems. The successful candidate will have bioinformatics experience so they can efficiently build and run bioinformatics pipelines to extract biological insight from Vizgen’s spatially resolved transcriptomic data.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Rapidly build, prototype, run and test code with an appropriately high level of engineering and best coding practices
- Develop integrated and automated methods and software systems to track, process, organize, and visualize data
- Run and evaluate new bioinformatics tools to advance Vizgen’s cutting-edge MERFISH spatial transcriptomics platform
- Coordinate with hardware and wet lab teams to ensure tools are efficiently addressing the scientific needs
- Ph.D. or Masters in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, mathematics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience working in bioinformatics
- Experience developing and running bioinformatic pipelines for next-generation, transcriptomic, and/or single-cell sequencing data
- Experience building and deploying tools in both local and cloud-based environments
- Familiar with python and other commonly used programming languages
- Excellent communication skills with strong work ethic and motivation
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.