Akouos is building a leading gene therapy company focused on hearing disorders. We are a precision genetic medicine company focused on developing gene therapies with the potential to restore, improve, and preserve high-acuity physiologic hearing for individuals who live with disabling hearing loss worldwide.
Restoring, improving, and preserving high-acuity hearing is an area of high unmet need in medicine: 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss, and there are no FDA-approved pharmacologic therapies to address its underlying causes.
Akouos was founded in 2016 by leaders in the fields of neurotology, genetics, inner ear drug delivery, and AAV gene therapy. Listening is in our DNA. We believe the only way to achieve our ambitious goals is to engage as one team, listen to each other, and trust in ourselves and our science.
Akouos is seeking for IT Support Specialist, who will be in a technical, individual contributor role to provide end user support to company users, whether in person or remotely.
IT Support Specialist shall be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Build Windows and Mac PCs, install and configure Windows and macOS applications.
- Installation and configuration of new systems as needed, and issue resolution.
- Support deployment projects as assigned.
- Creating/updating KB articles and other documentation
- Produce organized documentation, including troubleshooting, support, and setup notes.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in IT Support, specifically in an end-user-facing role.
- Experience with Azure, Active Directory, Office365 applications.
- Experience with Windows and macOS.
- Familiar with device management tools (Intune, iDaptive, etc.).
- Familiar with remote hardware/software troubleshooting techniques.
- Proven work experience in desktop support, technical support or similar role, and helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Experience with Sophos endpoint security and encryption is a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint administration is a plus.
- Working knowledge of office automation.
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Exhibit problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy
- Strong organizational and communication skills, especially as it relates to working with the end-user community.