Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Director of Scientific Affairs and working closely with Vizgen’s wet lab team, the Assay Development Scientist will be responsible for leading and executing research projects on spatial genomic profiling, working to develop new methods, assays, and reagents, as well as analyzing and interpreting the data. The successful candidates will have a demonstrable background in related fields and the enthusiasm to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Lead and execute part of Vizgen’s research projects
- Conceptualize and implement technical advances in order to develop and optimize new methods, assays, and reagents for spatially resolved genomic profiling
- Analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports/presentations for the team
- Work with a cross-functional, collaborative team to adapt for commercialization
- Contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio by documenting results and filing for IP protection
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, single-cell genomics, or related biological sciences required, 4+ years of wet lab experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and single-cell genomics, and fluorescent imaging (fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, single-molecule imaging, molecular/cell biology assays, next generation sequencing, RNA-seq, single cell analysis, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with in-situ molecular biology protocols (immunohistochemistry or FISH) is a plus, single-cell genomics background preferred
- Experience with brain imaging and tissue clearing methods (e.g. CLARITY) a plus
- A high level of commitment and a track record of quality work, with attention to detail. Capable of communicating the work clearly among the team
- Good teamwork and leadership skills to execute projects
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.