About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
The Laboratory Operations Associate will support the R&D and Manufacturing divisions of Vedanta Biosciences. This position will work at our Cambridge location. We are seeking a highly capable and driven individual that is excited to grow their skillset within Laboratory Operations.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Conduct day-to-day operation of the laboratories, ensuring operational efficiency in reliable working conditions.
- Lab supply ordering & staff ordering, stockroom organization, maintenance and inventory control.
- Maintain equipment monitoring program including but not limited to cleaning, identifying and arranging service repairs, preventative maintenance, and calibrations.
- Assist in development of protocols and manuals relevant to laboratory equipment/projects. Maintain procedures to ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Act as a resource to resolve customer issues and respond to lab-related inquiries in real time
- Track and log requests to Lab Services.
- Biohazard and hazardous waste management. Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and training requirements.
- Serve as liaison for vendors/technicians and vendor response for laboratory and facility issues.
- Assist in lab tours and training for new users and operations-related training (changing LN2 tanks, proper biohazard disposal, autoclave use, etc.). Organize meetings/trainings/communication between Lab Operations department and the lab users.
- Oversee monthly laboratory cleaning and ensure internal compliance.
- Associate degree in a scientific fiend and/or 2+ years of experience supporting a biological sciences laboratory
- Detail-oriented with excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to support numerous tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Service-oriented standards; desire to be part of a collaborative environment
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with sterilizing instruments
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities
- Proficient computer or data entry skills