Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life – from early – to late-stage disease. Join our rapidly growing company where you will work in an environment that values innovation, scientific rigor and a “can do” attitude. We care deeply about our team, our patients, and our community. We have a robust pipeline of investigational drug candidates in phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials in prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Please visit www.Candeltx.com for additional information.
This is an exciting time to join Candel Therapeutics as we are almost finished with construction for our first manufacturing suites/labs, and you will be one of the first employees to work in our new facility.
- Development and performance of cell culture and viral vector production using Adenovirus and Herpesvirus production systems for use in clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- Design and execution of small-scale cell culture operations in lab/pilot scale setting.
- Participate in project teams and in the scale-up and technology transfer from development to drug substance manufacturing.
- Independently execute experiments, record, and analyze experimental data, propose conclusions, and recognize issues.
- Participate in investigating and evaluating novel technologies to improve current purification processes.
- Write and review technical development reports.
- Provide project updates in written and oral presentations.
- Development of SOPs and batch records for use in the manufacturing facility.
- Interact and provide support to employees in viral vector purification development, analytical development, manufacturing sciences, and quality assurance groups.
- Provide guidance/direction to associate(s).
- M.S. or Ph.D. in bio/chemical engineering, biochemistry, or related disciplines.
- 5+ years relevant experience preferably, including process development/manufacturing industry experience.
- Hands on experience with single use bioreactor systems such as Pall or Eppendorf systems is strongly preferred.
- Familiar with bioreactor feed strategies i.e., fed-batch or perfusion processes using tangential flow filtration and/or alternative tangential flow filtration systems.
- Knowledge in related bioreactor process control strategies.
- Understanding of hydrodynamic/shear stress, mass transfer, and scale-up is preferred
- Understanding of Adenovirus and/or Herpesvirus Vector Systems properties and experience with the development of production processes for virus vectors is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with analytics such as cell based and non-cell based virus quantification assays, protein and DNA quantification assays, ELISAs, and other biochemical assays, is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced growing Company.
- Strong computer skills and good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of general principles and practices of process validation is preferred.