About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
We are looking for a talented microbiologist to bolster discoveries in live bacterial consortia development for infectious disease applications. The candidate will work with the research team to support the declaration of new drug candidates through the execution of bacterial competition assays, characterization of human gut microbes and preparation of bacterial consortia for pre-clinical testing. We are looking for an individual who is independent, curious, self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and excited to collaborate with Vedanta’s diverse team of researchers.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Execute and analyze bacterial characterization assays such as antibiotic susceptibility, growth kinetics, and substrate utilization.
- Assist in the design and preparation of live biotherapeutic products (LBP) consisting of bacterial consortia for pre-clinical experiments.
- Execute microbe-microbe interaction assays.
- Develop/optimize additional in vitro assays to aid in the optimization of LBPs.
- Isolate and characterize organisms from the human microbiome.
- Support bacterial maintenance and execution of experiments involving media preparation, PCR, DNA extraction and sequencing.
- You will work as part of a microbiology team to support our infectious disease programs and will be responsible for communicating and coordinating tasks with other team members as well as the systems biology and immunology teams.
- BSc or MS in the life sciences.
- 2-5+ years of experience in microbiology.
- Expertise with standard microbiological assays and aseptic technique is required.
- Experience in anaerobic and/or BSL2 microbiology is required.
- Experience in assay development is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting microbiological assays, experimental design, and scientific problem-solving.