Sherlock Biosciences is dedicated to providing global access to the simplest and most accurate diagnostic tests that empower individuals to control their own healthcare. We are creating a new generation of CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based molecular diagnostic technology platforms that can rapidly deliver accurate and inexpensive results in any setting. We envision a world where Sherlock’s products will enable users to make more effective decisions in any environment, including hospitals, industrial settings, low-resource settings and at-home. Successful candidates will join an exciting, collaborative, and fast-paced company that seeks to disrupt diagnostics and change the trajectory of human health.
The R&D team is looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to assist product development of a highly sensitivite lateral flow immunoassay. The successful candidate will be responsible for the functionalization of nanoparticles with antibodies, assembling and running lateral flow assays, and optimizing assays for performance and manufacturability. The Research Associate will plan experiments to achieve project objectives, execute development studies, analyze data, document results and hit project milestones on time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Independently conduct hands-on laboratory and bench work in a regulated environment
- Assist in the development, optimization, verification, validation and technology transfer of lateral flow immunoassays
- Design and execute laboratory experiments and data analysis
- Troubleshoot and improve existing immunoassay chemistries, processes, and methods.
- Maintain and promote good housekeeping (order & cleanliness) and safe behavior in labs
- Assist in authoring and optimizing SOPs and WIDs for developed processes
- Help with process transfer according to protocols and procedures/SOPs (to/from Operations, Production, CROs or CMOs)
- Carry out assignments with guidance in planning, organizing, and meeting key deadlines
- Present project progress, experiment results, and data analysis to supervisor and team
- Discuss challenges openly and thoughtfully
- Responsible for compliance with the company’s quality system requirements through training and adherence to policies, procedures, and processes
- Document and record all work in electronic laboratory notebooks and diligently complete other documentation as required for assigned projects/experiments
- Accommodate additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Experience in working in a GMP and/or GLP environment preferred
- Working knowledge of lateral flow, ELISA, or immunoassay-based systems and analogous diagnostic devices
- Hands-on experience in general immunoassay development including antibody bioconjugation, process development, assay performance optimization, and troubleshooting are strongly preferred
- Experience with immunoassay application to variable biomarkers is preferred
- Computer literacy, including practical knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and programs suitable for assay development
- Good organizational skills
- Understand project objectives, independently design, optimize and troubleshoot experiments
- Execute experiments efficiently, with high reproducibility; document experimental results, analyze data and outcomes, and generate summaries to communicate results with the team
- Achieve project objectives on time by troubleshooting experiments and testing practical and creative solutions
Required education and experience
- Long periods of standing or sitting
Preferred education and experience
- M.S or B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related field with 2+ years lab experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills related to protein and bioconjugation characterization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks
- Team-player committed to learning new technologies and professional growth
Additional eligibility requirements
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- Prior industrial development experience with lateral flow immunoassay for IVD application
- Experience in diagnostic assay development
- Ability to develop experimental plan and effectively prioritize tasks
Authorized to work in the United States
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are not merely trendy buzz words to us; they are part of our core values. We are committed to creating a community of well-rounded professionals from all ethnicities, nationalities, educational backgrounds, and genders. This “melting pot” of differences is what fosters ideas and innovations. Our beliefs span beyond our walls and into the world, as reflected in outreach to various underserved domestic and global communities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT!
Boldness - We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
Excellence - We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
Growth - We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
Respect - We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
Equity - We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
Accountability - We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
Trust - We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.