About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology, the Manager of IT Infrastructure & Operations is responsible for the design, delivery, security, and quality of robust, compliant, and cost-appropriate IT infrastructure services in support of ongoing Company business objectives.
This individual leads an IT shared service delivery (core platform, network, hardware, voice, etc.) service desk operation, desk-side support, and associated vendor management. Additionally, the Manager, IT I&O collaborates with business partners and IT stakeholders to develop and maintain an Infrastructure and operations strategy aligned to the business strategy. The role manages all aspects of the company’s IT Security initiatives to ensure the success of the IT Cybersecurity program and IT risk related initiatives.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Lead the IT Shared Services and Infrastructure strategy, planning, and operations.
- Develop and maintain a technology roadmap focused on improving and adding new services to enhance business and operational productivity. Clearly communicate business value, project statistics, and issues to business sponsors.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes. Maintain and create supporting documentation as needed. Make recommendations for maturing and improving the IT infrastructure and shared service.
- Manage MSP’s and other service providers/vendors as needed within IT infrastructure. Ensure services levels are met.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by leading the collaborative development of service level agreements, delivery in line with the SLAs through ongoing monitoring.
- Research business practices on a regular basis assessing fit with current and potential IT Service providers, analyze business requirements by partnering with stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert on IT Infrastructure Services and Technology on a wide variety of projects, issues, and strategies.
- Provide hands on support for employees on a wide variety of day-to-day needs.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software, maintaining GxP compliance where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 + years of experience working in IT operations in biotech or pharma with demonstrated experience leading a hands-on IT function in a small company.
- Client-focused individual with experience building up an IT Shared Services function in a growing business environment.
- A collaborative management style and a strong customer service orientation.
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices .
- Excellent working knowledge in vendor management of IT shared services for the following areas: systems administration, service desk operations, network services, data storage systems, M365, etc.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills, ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.