Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
The System Integration Scientist will be integral to the development of cutting-edge consumables for the rapidly evolving spatial-omics field. The scientist will report to the VP, reagents R&D and will be responsible for the integration of consumables onto Vizgen’s recently announced MERSCOPE platform solution. Key responsibilities will include hands-on laboratory development, Verification and Validation studies, and preparing technical documents.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Migrate benchtop methods and techniques into automated processes on Vizgen’s technology platforms while working closely with hardware and software development teams to integrate consumables with Vizgen’s platform solutions
- Identify, confirm, and interpret instrument performance issues related to integration of individual assays and mechanical modules. Communicate issues cross-functionally and provide suggestions, solutions, and/or test plans for resolution.
- Independently design, develop, and execute test procedures for integration as well as verification and validation studies
- Bring consumable technology from research concepts to production for commercial release
- Contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio by documenting results and filing for IP protection
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- PhD with 2+ years relevant experience or B.Sc/M.Sc 6+ years relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in system integration and/or product development processes in an industry setting
- Familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO:9001
- Familiarity with design, development, verification and validation of instrumentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and/or imaging protocols (fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, single-molecule imaging, flow cytometry, cell culture, tissue sectioning, NGS library construction, RNA-seq, cell transfection, antibody-labeling, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with in-situ molecular biology protocols (immunohistochemistry or FISH) and fluorescent microscopy imaging is a plus
- A high level of commitment and a track record of quality work, with attention to detail. Capable of communicating the work clearly among the team
- Computational literacy is a plus
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.