Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are seeking a Software Development Manager with a proven track record of managing software development for both desktop and cloud-based applications. As a Software Development Manager at Vizgen, you will oversee the entire software development life cycle and work to design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and maintain software programs for applications and tools that are an integral part of Vizgen’s spatial biomolecule profiling platform. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven individual to apply their software development expertise to help address key biological questions within a rapidly growing company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Manage, coordinate, and facilitate Vizgen’s software team activities that drive completion of the Company’s software projects
- Coordinate the entire software development lifecycle for both desktop and cloud-based applications
- Participate in and provide technical and administrative leadership to the software development team.
- Responsible for coordinating software/system design and specifications, system implementation and integration, and testing.
- Set a vision for the team to achieve successful implementation of product roadmaps as well as establish clear goals and objectives for the team and effective timeline management
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- BS/MS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, computational biology, or related computational field
- 6+ years of experience building robust and responsive software as a software engineer
- 5+ years of experience leading software teams
- Hands-on technical expertise and the ability to lead the design of software solutions to complex problems
- Experience deploying and maintaining tools in both local and cloud-based environments
- Prior experience working within biotech or pharmaceutical industries will be favorably considered
- Fluent in Python and other commonly used programming languages
- Excellent communication skills with a strong work ethic and motivation
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.