Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. We are currently enrolling patients in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial of RTX-240 in patients with relapsed/refractory or locally advanced solid tumors. In addition, RTX-240 is being evaluated in a second Phase 1 arm of the clinical trial for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia, and our IND has been cleared by the U.S. FDA for RTX-321 for the treatment of human papillomavirus 16-positive cancers.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are headquartered in Cambridge, MA, and our manufacturing facility in Smithfield, RI was named 2020 Top 5 Best Places to Work in Rhode Island among medium-sized companies by Providence Business News. We are currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are looking for an Engineer I in upstream processing to join the Cell Product Development team as a key laboratory-based team member to advance the process development for our RCT™ platform. The engineer will aid in process development to optimize, scale-up, and characterize the novel cell therapy platform. The ideal candidate will have some direct, hands-on industrial experience (ideally in biologics, gene, and/or cell therapy process development) obtained from prior work experience, internships, or co-op assignments (experience commensurate with level). This candidate must be a strong technical thinker. The job also requires this contributor to be a collaborative, high-quality team member with partner groups including Manufacturing Sciences & Technology, Analytical and Product Development, and Gene Delivery to facilitate rapid process development cycles.
- Execute upstream process development experiments to optimize workflows while maintaining product quality.
- Establish, optimize, and develop robust bioreactor processes through careful and targeted experimentation from cell thaw through harvest.
- Perform upstream analytics to understand cell growth, metabolism, and flow cytometry.
- Document and communicate results in a timely manner.
- Present and communicate study results at company meetings.
Qualifications & Education
- BS/MS and 3+ years of experience in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Prior experience as part of prior biologics/gene therapy/cell therapy industrial work experience in cell culture, bioreactor operations, bioreactor supporting equipment, medium optimization expected. Prior experience with disposable benchtop bioreactors, glass benchtop bioreactors, ambr15/ambr250, or rocking bioreactors expected.
- Strong laboratory-based skill sets and experience in early-stage process development or late-stage characterization with high throughput screening techniques (shake flasks, deep well plates) is desirable.
- Prior experience with flow cytometry is desirable.
- Motivated, curious, dedicated, and comfortable working in the laboratory with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.