About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
The Procurement Manager will oversee procurement transactions, process procurement requests, negotiate terms, manage renewals, and engage with internal stakeholders on net new purchases. The Procurement Manager will also play an important role with strategic sourcing for multiple internal stakeholder groups. Additionally, this individual may develop and implement procurement standards and policies with both internal stakeholders and vendors on the procurement process and contract requirements. The Procurement Manager will be a subject matter expert on procurement policies and will guide internal stakeholders on best practices.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Lead the effort in developing a comprehensive process for sourcing, procurement, pricing, and contract negotiations
- Lead and manage the full RFP/RFQ process from development through contract execution
- Manage end-to-end process of procurement from purchase requisition through purchase order sent to the vendor
- Assist in developing and enhancing policies related to vendor management and procurement
- Assist in negotiation of pricing terms with vendors alongside business partners, finance, contracts, and others as needed
- Liaise with Finance and department heads to align on lead times and project timelines regarding capital expenditure purchasing
- Collaborate, develop, and maintain critical relationships with various cross-functional Clinical and R&D teams to provide strategic sourcing expertise for CRO’s, data management, labs, etc.
- Review vendor contracts
- Provide reporting to business partners and other stakeholders on the status of requisitions
- Work with Accounts Payable to resolve price match holds
- Plan and execute ad hoc projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness amongst the finance organization; better reporting for internal stakeholders, frictionless vendor onboarding, and compliance with policies and internal controls
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management, finance, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in procurement, preferably 2+ years’ of experience in a life sciences organization
- Strong procurement skills including, negotiations, and supplier relationship management
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments at any one time, delivering high quality work that meets agreed commitments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven excellence and leadership capabilities in customer service and timely response and feedback to inquires
- Certification in Procurement (i.e. CPM, CPP, SPSM, CIPS) preferred
- Oracle and SAP experience highly preferred