Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. We are currently enrolling patients in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial of RTX-240 in patients with relapsed/refractory or locally advanced solid tumors. In addition, RTX-240 is being evaluated in a second Phase 1 arm of the clinical trial for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia, and our IND has been cleared by the U.S. FDA for RTX-321 for the treatment of human papillomavirus 16-positive cancers.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are headquartered in Cambridge, MA, and our manufacturing facility in Smithfield, RI was named 2020 Top 5 Best Places to Work in Rhode Island among medium-sized companies by Providence Business News. We are currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are seeking a Contract Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist to join our Oncology group to help drive key Immuno-oncology programs. The candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, technically competent, and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are searching for an enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individual, with a scientific background in immunology and/or cancer immunotherapy who leads from the bench and enjoys having broad responsibilities and opportunities to work independently and within a team.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a team of scientists in the Discovery teams on Immuno-oncology projects.
- Design, plan and perform bench work independently for in vitro immune assays, in vivo studies, and ex vivo assays with indirect supervision.
- Phenotyping immune populations, sample preparation for in vivo and in vitro studies, sample analysis.
- Utilize knowledge of broad scientific and technical concepts and applies this towards assigned projects and department objectives.
- Independently performs data analysis on complex data sets and/or assignments. Prepares summary reports and proper electronic notebook record keeping.
- Communication of experimental plans and data to multiple cross-functional scientific teams
- Assist in maintaining a strong, entrepreneurial, and creative culture with a clear sense of urgency and focus on providing transformational therapies to patients.
- This is a hands-on position requiring execution of laboratory experiments.
Qualifications & Education
- BS or MS degree in biology, immunology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline and 2-5 years of immunology related laboratory experience, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred.
- Basic knowledge of immunology and systematic approach to understanding mechanism
- Research background in immunobiology, immune modulation in disease models, cancer immunotherapy related experience preferred
- Strong experimental skills, including tissue culture, primary immune cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, immunoassay development, and in vivo model development and sample processing
- Passionate about working at the bench to independently contribute to research directions and solve challenging issues
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel
- Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering for challenging commitments
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic