FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a highly dynamic and innovative candidate to build and lead a Proteomics group responsible for the discovery and validation of new therapeutic targets. This individual will be responsible for assembling and leading a world-class team to develop discovery and targeted validation proteomics specialized in the analysis of non-canonical proteins spanning biomarker discovery, proteogenomics or protein-protein interactions. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in LC-MS/MS and a deep understanding of existing and emergent proteomics methods. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills, and be driven to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. The candidate will work closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision and processes.
- Build an innovative proteomics team and platform for target discovery and validation
- Design, develop and evaluate large scale proteomics-based studies to discover and evaluate non-canonical proteins and therapeutic targets from primary human tissues
- Drive innovation surrounding proteomics-based technologies and workflows
- Lead efforts to adopt and advance ancillary technology across the platform as well as automation
- Generate high-quality datasets for machine learning & therapeutic discovery from various disease tissues and experimental settings
- Provide leadership and overall management of technical teams
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 8-10 years of postdoc and industrial experience
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled and intellectually diverse teams in an industry or academic environment
- Driven to develop a transformative therapeutic discovery and target validation platform.
- Demonstrated industry or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals, conference proceedings, or widely used codebase
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident, execution-focused, and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong collaborative skills with evidence of working in and leading a team.
- Deep expertise in applying proteomics to the discovery and translational space, leveraging high-throughput quantitative proteomics methodologies such as protein-protein interaction analysis and LC-MS/MS based technologies
- Experience with a variety of proteomic tools, including deep proteome profiling and quantitation, PTM analysis, immunopeptidomics (MHC I), subcellular localization, protein secretion, plasma membrane profiling, plasma profiling and biomarker discovery
- Proven track record in developing and implementing biochemical workflows to enrich for target protein groups