Akouos is building a leading gene therapy company focused on hearing disorders. We are a precision genetic medicine company focused on developing gene therapies with the potential to restore, improve and preserve high-acuity physiologic hearing for people worldwide who live with disabling hearing loss.
Restoring, improving and preserving high-acuity hearing is an area of high unmet need in medicine: 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss, and there are no FDA-approved therapies to address its underlying causes.
Akouos was founded in 2016 by leaders in the fields of neurotology, genetics, inner ear drug delivery, and AAV gene therapy. Listening is in our DNA. We believe the only way to achieve our ambitious goals is to engage as one team, listen to each other, and trust in ourselves and our science.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing strategic administrative support to members of the Akouos Leadership team. This position requires a professional demeanor, a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize effectively, a focus on results, and the ability to keep sensitive material and conversations strictly confidential. Expert level written and verbal communication, document management, interpersonal, problem-solving, and collaboration skills are essential. Must enjoy a fast-paced environment, be flexible and highly organized, and show initiative, good judgment, and a willingness to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Proactive scheduling and maintenance of calendars, triage of incoming communications, preparation of external / internal correspondence, and visitor screening.
- Coordination of travel arrangements and expense reporting and reimbursement.
- Ensure proactive management and completion of department purchase orders and invoices in accordance with applicable deadlines.
- Creation, editing, and archiving of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and other materials as requested, including expert document management and versioning skills.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform support activities for meetings as requested including: meeting management; collecting, preparing and/or distributing meeting materials; and other operational or logistical matters.
- Proactively collaborate with other administrative staff members in coordination of calendars, requests, and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years as a Senior Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant, or similar role, most preferably with experience supporting senior executives in a pharmaceutical / biotech company.
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; presents in a professional, positive manner, with experience in a role requiring a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple detail-oriented projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and prioritization skills; consistent and reliable follow-through.
- Excellent judgment regarding prioritization and demonstrated history of proactive management of complex scheduling.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with a wide variety of internal and external clients.