Senior Research Associate, Assay Development
Sherlock Biosciences is an exciting new diagnostic company based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms. We are creating a new generation of biology-based molecular diagnostics that can rapidly deliver accurate and inexpensive results in any setting. Our goal is to address unmet diagnostic testing needs in infectious disease, oncology, agriculture, and other areas to transform public health. Successful candidates will join an exciting, collaborative, and fast-paced company focused on improving human health worldwide.
The R&D team is looking for a highly motivated, outstanding Senior Research Associate who will join our team of world-class researchers focused on the development and launch of molecular diagnostic products. The successful candidate will work closely with our Scientists to develop, conduct, and analyze biochemical and molecular biology experiments to support our Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assist in the development, verification, validation, and technology transfer of molecular diagnostic assays.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and studies according to approved protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Work Instruction Documents (WIDs).
- Assist in authoring SOPs, WIDs for developed processes.
- Perform experiments to improve assay performance and robustness.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor to relay project progress, experiment results, and data analysis; openly and thoughtfully discuss challenges.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data.
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of completed experiments.
- Contribute to experimental design, data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving to improve methods or procedures.
- Proficiently carry out assignments with guidance in planning, organizing, and meeting key deadlines.
- Support an atmosphere of inclusion and collective contribution to projects and procedures with the team.
- Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
Required education and experience
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
Preferred education and experience
- BS in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of research experience in an industry setting.
- Experience handling nucleic acids and proteins.
- Knowledge and laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR and/or other methods of nucleic acid amplification.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills related to nucleic acid characterization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional eligibility requirements
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- MS with 3+ years research experience
- Experience with isothermal techniques for amplifying nucleic acid
- Experience with protein expression
- Experience with immunoassays
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
- Authorized to work in the United States
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are not merely trendy buzz words to us; they are part of our core values. We are committed to creating a community of well-rounded professionals from all ethnicities, nationalities, educational backgrounds, and genders. This “melting pot” of differences is what fosters ideas and innovations. Our beliefs span beyond our walls and into the world, as reflected in outreach to various underserved domestic and global communities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.