About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
The Accounts Payable Specialist that will actively contribute to the growth and development of our Accounts Payable and Finance functions. This role will be instrumental in processing accurate and timely payments, work cross-functionally to maintain strong vendor relationships, and help optimize operational processes and technology. This person must be self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and extremely organized. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be part of the Finance Organization and report directly to the Accounting Manager.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Match, Voucher, and Process Vendor Invoices
- Resolve Matching Holds with Procurement/Requestor
- Audit and Process Travel Expense Reports
- Prepare Weekly Check Runs for Approval and Processing
- Schedule Wires and ACH’s for Approval and Processing
- Prepare the Accounts Payable and Open Purchase Order Accruals for the Month End Process
- Prepare Account Reconciliations for Accounts Payable
- Prepare Hourly and Salary Payroll
- Ad hoc requests from internal and external customers
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience and 1+ years’ of experience
- Experience with Oracle Fusion is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting and internal control concepts
- Ability to multitask
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills for interacting with internal and external customers
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment