About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
Vedanta is looking for a talented immunologist to analyze human clinical trial samples in order to understand the effects of the microbiome on the immune system across multiple disease therapeutic areas including food allergy, inflammatory bowel disease, and cancer. The principal activities of this role will be to design and execute ex vivo
and in vitro
assays (including Luminex, flow cytometry, and cell culture) in order to measure microbiota-driven immune outcomes.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Perform experiments involving Luminex, flow cytometry, qPCR, and ELISA to a high level of accuracy and reproducibility, as part of efforts to identify exploratory biomarkers for drug candidates currently in the clinical pipeline.
- Develop and implement new functional assays to measure human immune responses
- Perform assays of immune function using cultured and primary human cells
- Isolate and characterize immune cells in preclinical mouse models
- Process and analyze Small molecule, DNA, and RNA to evaluate specific immune responses to bacterial colonization.
- Keep detailed electronic experimental records and perform sample tracking using an internal Laboratory Information Management System.
- You will work as part of the immunology team to support the company’s platform in microbiome drug discovery and will be responsible for coordinating tasks with the systems/molecular biology, microbiology, and clinical operations teams.
- BSc + 5 years or MS +3 years or PhD in the life sciences
- 4+ years of experience in immunology
- Experience in Luminex, qPCR, and other 96-well plate-based assays is required
- Demonstrated expertise in flow cytometric analysis is required
- Expertise with aseptic technique is required, preferably including cell culture
- Experience in high throughput assay development is preferred
- Experience with mouse models of inflammatory disease preferred
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting immunological assays, experimental design, and scientific problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of the Flowjo, Prism, and the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Highly organized and motivated individual. Must be a team player, able to work well in a group setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment.