About Revitope Oncology, Inc.
Revitope Oncology, Inc. is a privately funded cancer therapeutics company with a focus on innovative tumor-specific antibody based biotherapeutics. Based in Cambridge, MA, the company has conceived, engineered, patented and pre-clinically tested novel classes of bispecific antibody therapeutics designed to enable tumor-specific immunotherapy with improved therapeutic efficacy and safety. For more information, please visit www.revitope.com
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientific leader to join our growing cross-functional team. The ideal candidate will possess broad in vivo experience and a strong background in T cell immunology. This individual will lead overall in vivo efforts in the company, directing in vivo study design and execution and working collaboratively with the Revitope team to devise the appropriate strategies with external partners and CROs. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the in vivo group and shape the in vivo strategy, collaborate on understanding drug mechanism of action and PK/PD, and influence the development of new biologic drugs for cancer immunotherapy.
- Act as company expert in the area of in vivo pharmacology.
- Establish overall in vivo strategy and oversee execution of all in vivo pharmacology studies including selection of in vivo oncology models, experimental design and conduct, data analysis and interpretation.
- Explore the mechanism of action of candidate therapeutics in vivo and work collaboratively with the Biology team to analyze and interpret PK/PD relationships and develop appropriate biomarkers.
- Identify, establish and manage collaborations with external CROs to deliver high quality in vivo pharmacology data packages.
- Serve on cross-functional project teams as the in vivo expert.
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with Biology and Protein Sciences scientists as well as external experts.
- Author and gain approval for animal protocols with various IACUC bodies.
- Effectively document in vivo analyses and communicate within the organization and externally.
- Participate in strategic and priority setting discussions with senior leadership and project teams and design in vivo studies and plans in line with company goals and timelines.
- Review and ensure the quality of scientific data to meet regulatory expectations.
- Author technical and regulatory documents to support advancement of therapeutics to clinical testing.
What We Offer
- PhD in biological sciences, immunology, oncology, pharmacology or a related discipline with a minimum of 8-12 years in vivo experience in biotech/pharma.
- Background in T cell redirection and/or CART therapeutics strongly preferred.
- Leader with expertise in principles of oncology model selection, experimental design, standardization, data analysis and interpretation, and statistics.
- Broad experience in the conduct of various oncology models, including xenograft and syngeneic models of oncology with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal team members and externally with strategic partners and CROs.
- Proficiency in various in vivo techniques including tumor implantation and measurement, administration of therapeutics (intraperitoneal, intravenous), bleeding, euthanasia, tumor dissection, processing and preservation; ability to write detailed in vivo protocols and direct the work of in vivo scientists.
- Demonstrated proficiency authoring animal protocols and gaining IACUC approval.
- Understanding of key pharmacologic principles and relationships between drug exposure, target engagement and pharmacodynamic changes.
- Experience leading and managing direct or matrixed reports and demonstrated ability to grow and develop scientists.
- Ability to manage timelines and set priorities consistent with goals for advancing therapeutics.
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey complex strategies and scientific data and tailor messaging to diverse audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively and thrive in the fast paced and changing environment of a small biotech.
This is a unique opportunity to be among the first employees at a fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech startup with a bold vision. As an early employee, you will have a direct influence on the science, opportunities to gain new skills and be joining an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative team.
Revitope is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with individuals from all walks of life.