Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Vizgen offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to support key decisions and activities to transform an early-stage company into an industry leader in the exciting and rapidly growing field of spatial genomics. We are looking for a passionate, team-oriented person, that has industry experience in Life Sciences (or the desire to learn) and enjoys working in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment.
With the imminent launch of our first commercial products, we have an immediate opening for a full-time Accountant, reporting to the Controller. This key financial position will be committed to partnering with all departments within the Company and work with the Controller to build a high performing finance organization. This is a terrific opportunity for an extremely motivated individual looking to broaden their operational knowledge by having exposure to tasks across multiple accounting sub-functions, including FP&A, technical accounting, process improvement and information system optimization.
- Manage accounts payable (procure-to-pay), accounts receivable, and payroll
- Oversee accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards
- Manage the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on financial results
- Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist the Controller in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Work in partnership with all other functional areas, continuously collaborating to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
- Assist Controller in coordinating annual audit activity.
- Other responsibilities as normally required of accounting staff
Other Desired Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy required; 1-3 years of work experience, ideally a mix of public and private accounting in the life science industry
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- CPA and/or public accounting background is a plus
- Cost accounting experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skill sets and proactive approach
- Incredibly detail-oriented and results driven
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed/self-initiated work
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with accounting applications such as Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, and NetSuite
- Exemplary planning and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Willingness to be hands on and get heavily involved in transaction details
- Must be able to work (in the near future, post-COVID) at the Company’s office in Cambridge, MA
- Strong intellect with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, sound business sense, and self-confidence to make decisions
- Quick study with a high level of energy and commitment, drive and ambition.
- Ability to build relationships and influence decision-making in a fast-paced environment
- Appreciation and passion for the goals of the organization and personal achievement
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.