Synlogic™ is bringing the transformative potential of synthetic biology to medicine. We are building the premier Synthetic Biology platform to engineer bacterial Synthetic Biotic medicines which benefit patients in new ways
Using a platform that leverages reproducible, modular approach to microbial engineering, Synlogic designs Synthetic Biotic medicines that target validated underlying biology to treat disease in new ways.
Synlogic’s proprietary pipeline includes Synthetic Biotics for the treatment of metabolic disorders including Phenylketonuria and Enteric Hyperoxaluria. The company is also building a portfolio of partner-able assets in immunology and oncology.
We combine Human Logic and Science Logic to drive meaningful work, careers, and life at Synlogic. We foster a people-focused environment grounded in: Compassion, Transparency, Collaboration & Fun, while adopting a patient-focused mindset to inspire: Innovation, Integrity, High Performance, and life -changing Results.
We continue to build and enhance our organization. If you want a settled environment, pursuing a well-walked path then this environment is probably not for you. If you want to challenge yourself and build your career while bringing the transformative potential of synthetic biology to patients then we’d love to hear from you.
Synlogic is seeking a motivated individual with experience performing in vitro
ligand binding assays and mammalian cell-based assays for a position with our Quantitative Biology team to contribute to engineered strain characterization. This role represents a unique opportunity to meaningfully advance Synlogic’s capabilities for therapeutic discovery. The ideal candidate will be passionate about innovation and have experience in tissue culture, cell-based assays, immunological assays, and protein biochemistry.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Optimize, implement, and routinely perform in vitro cell-based assays and ligand binding assays for the characterization of engineered therapeutic bacterial strains
- Work collaboratively with members of the Quantitative Biology team to ensure robustness and reproducibility of in vitro assays
- Maintain general cell culture laboratory equipment including incubators and biosafety cabinets
- Generate data reports, rigorously maintain an electronic laboratory notebook, and accurately present data to project teams
VALUES & BEHAVIORS:
- BS or MS in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years hands-on bench experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech setting working on scientific projects
- Demonstrated experience with standard cell and molecular biology techniques, including cell culture and maintenance, cell-based microplate functional assays, media preparation, aseptic technique, protein electrophoresis, immunoblotting, and ELISA
- Experience with peptide and protein analysis by HPLC a plus
- Excellent organization and communication skills are essential
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and an ability to work independently to solve technical problems
- Effective management of time and effort to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
We are at our best when we combine Human Logic and Science Logic to build great teams and deliver outstanding results. Our 6 values of Compassion, Fun, Trust & Respect, Innovation, Integrity and Results
are central to our organization.
Synlogic is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, embracing diversity in all forms. Synlogic hires, trains, compensates and promotes talented Synlogicians regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by the laws and cultures of the geographies in which we operate. We believe in lifting others both inside and outside of the company, ensuring all of our community has access to opportunities and innovative therapies.
for patients is the engine that drives our innovation
and motivates our sense of urgency; always remembering that patients are waiting. Our compassion
for each other creates a safe environment for continuous risk taking and personal development – facilitating a rapidly moving, fast-paced environment. We connect with our colleagues by having fun
We take our work seriously and value integrity
in producing the highest quality work. We trust
each other, respecting all ideas and driving accountability to generate the best results
for our patients and team. We encourage openness, direct feedback and transparency in decision-making to enable an inclusive, nimble environment.
We seek individuals who exemplify these behaviors and who encourage others to do the same.