Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. We are currently enrolling patients in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial of RTX-240, an allogeneic cellular therapy for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory or locally advanced solid tumors or relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are headquartered in Cambridge, MA, and our manufacturing facility in Smithfield, RI was named 2020 Top 5 Best Places to Work in Rhode Island among medium-sized companies by Providence Business News. We are currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are looking for a Scientist to join our Formulation and Drug Product Development team to design & develop the next-generation drug product presentations to advance Red Cell Therapeutic in the clinic. The candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, technically competent, and able to efficiently work across multiple projects.
We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals, with a deep scientific background in cell engineering, cryobiology, and formulation development, who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Work cross-functionally within Technical Operations to improve the RCT formulation and drug product presentation
- Design and execute formulation, stability, and material compatibility studies to support regulatory filings
- Understand project timelines and deliverables and plan/coordinate project work accordingly with departmental, functional, and external stakeholders
- Serve as a technical mentor for junior staff.
- Independently perform data analysis on complex data sets and/or assignments. Prepares summary reports and proper electronic notebook record keeping.
- Communication of experimental plans and data to multiple cross-functional scientific teams
- Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of the company’s intellectual property
- This is a hands-on position requiring the execution of laboratory experiments
Qualifications & Education
- PhD and 0-2 years relevant industry experience in biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related pharmaceutical science; Or BS/MS and 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Prior experience with formulation development for cryopreservation and/or lyophilization of cells
- In-depth knowledge of design of experiments methodology
- Previous exposure to GMP manufacturing of cell therapy or biological products or participation in technical transfer for clinical manufacturing is a plus
- Understanding and experience with analytical methods such as flow cytometry, ELISA, and fluorescence microscopy
- The ideal candidate is a fast learner with strong scientific curiosity, good interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.