Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate to join our Culture Science (Rubius Prime) team to design & develop prototypes for our cultured RCT to advance Red Cell Therapeutic prototypes in Discovery. The candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, technically competent, and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals, with a deep scientific background in cell engineering and engineering processes to mammalian culture systems, who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Qualifications & Education
- Work closely with Discovery groups to design prototypes across multiple therapeutic groups
- Provide small-scale production of RCTs for Discovery studies
- Conduct optimization studies in both RCT culture and virus production
- Assess RCT culture system by flow cytometry, microscopy, and/or western blot analysis
- Develop tools to improve the RCT platform for the advancement of various discovery prototypes
- Utilize strong knowledge of broad scientific and technical concepts and applies this to assigned projects and department objectives.
- Independently performs data analysis on complex data sets and/or assignments. Prepares summary reports and proper electronic notebook record keeping.
- Will be part of a cross-functional team that includes biochemists, biologists, pharmacologists, immunologists, and oncologists and will contribute to research programs across multiple therapeutic modalities
- Implementation of SOPs, help develop new SOPs
- Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of the company’s intellectual property.
- Assist in maintaining a strong, entrepreneurial, and creative culture with a clear sense of urgency and focus on providing transformational therapies to patients.
- BS or MS degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred
- Strong experimental skills and aseptic technique including handling of primary cell culture, mammalian cell lines, DNA purification, and sequence analysis
- Experience with lentivirus construct design and generation, stem cell culture, and/or flow cytometry is highly desired
- Additional experience which is not required, but is relevant and important for potential candidates to highlight: stable cell line development, cell-based reporter assay development, protein engineering, and characterization, cell engineering, high throughput protein construct screening
- Passionate about working at the bench to independently troubleshoot experiments and contribute to research directions
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and collaborating with personnel throughout the company
- Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering for challenging commitments
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic