About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
The Procurement Associate will support the Manufacturing division of Vedanta Biosciences. This position will work at our Cambridge location. Vedanta Biosciences is seeking a highly capable, self-directed individual who employs a high level of autonomy. The principal activities of this role will be to support core warehouse functional areas:
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Issue purchase orders to third party suppliers based on the forecast and needs of the business.
- Evaluate and monitor supplier shipping schedules and expedite purchase orders as needed to achieve on-time-delivery.
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships.
- Document supplier performance issues and drive corrective actions and issue resolution.
- Drive cost savings through negotiating costs and deliveries with vendors on one-time purchases and/or by contract purchases.
- Identify alternative sources for items to prevent manufacturing delays.
- Interface with operations, logistics, and project management to effectively manage inventory.
- Support the development of Supply Chain initiatives and cross-functional teams in continuous improvement programs.
- Author and revise SOPs.
- Support other Supply Chain functions as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry purchasing and supply chain.
- Understanding of relevant FDA/EMA/ICH GXP quality requirements.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation a plus.
- Experience with SAP ERP system and working knowledge of MRP, Inventory Control, Planning, and Logistics/Warehousing.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail and reliability in tasks requiring high accuracy.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) particularly Excel where advanced skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous process improvement.
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities and systematically approach them to make improvements both short term and long term.
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and adjust to a changing environment.