Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
The Platform Innovation group at Rubius develops novel technologies to improve our understanding of hematopoietic stem cell biology and differentiation into red blood cells. We apply that knowledge to generate human, mouse, and non-human primate red blood cells in vitro and for in vivo pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies in vivo. The Platform Innovation team seeks a talented Research Associate to help enable this exciting and important work. The successful candidate will work with a team of outstanding scientists, in a close-knit, nurturing team.
Qualifications & Education
- Work in close collaboration with a team of scientists.
- Design, plan and independently perform in vitro, in vivo as well as ex vivo experiments.
- Generate red blood cells in vitro starting with hematopoietic stem cells from various species.
- Develop and run biological assays to study cell identity, health, and fitness using techniques such as immunostaining, flow cytometry, and microscopy.
- Sample preparation for in vivo studies and ex vivo analysis of animal tissues especially blood cells.
- Contribute to running single-cell RNAseq analysis as well as proteomic, lipidomic, and metabolomic studies of cells.
- Work with contract research organizations and collaborators to develop and run non-clinical models.
- Independently perform data analysis and interpret the results.
- Write standardized reports and keep a proper record of all studies in an electronic lab notebook.
- Communicate experimental data to scientific and management teams.
- BS degree in cell biology, bioengineering, or a related field with 4+ years of experience or MA degree with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Prior experience in flow cytometry and cell biology is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and running biological assays, analyzing data, and summarizing & interpreting data is also strongly preferred.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to new priorities.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Focused team-oriented player, with a strong work ethic, is required.
- Enthusiasm to tackle difficult problems, learn new technologies, and work in an exciting, high paced environment is a must.