About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
Vedanta is looking for a highly skilled biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Associate for their Cambridge, MA manufacturing site. The position will be a key element to establish and operate Vedanta’s in-house GMP manufacturing capabilities. Applicants should be self-motivated, have strong communication skills, and be capable of working in a dynamic startup environment.
Hours are first shift.Occasional travel to Vedanta’s Acton, MA manufacturing facility may be required.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Manufacture Master Cell Banks, Drug Substance and Drug Product in a CGMP environment
- Prepare process solutions including media and buffer
- Request materials and supplies from Supply Chain/QC/QA to support manufacturing activities
- Maintain the in-suite consumable inventory
- Operate and maintain small-scale process equipment
- Author and revise SOPs
- BS in a Scientific Discipline or Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience with CGMP manufacturing
- Direct experience with cell banking, cell culture, fermentation, cross-flow filtration, lyophilization, and/or capsule filling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and adjust to a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Willingness to perform various physical tasks - must be able to lift to 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment where gowning and PPE are required