About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
The position plays a key role in operating and establishing Vedanta’s in-house GMP manufacturing capabilities. The Manufacturing Associate will participate in the GMP production of Vedanta’s Live Biotherapeutic Products (LBP). They will also have the opportunity to partner with supply chain management, coordination of 3rd party vendors, and continuous improvement initiatives. Previous experience with aseptic technique, cell banking, cell culture, fermentation, cross-flow filtration, lyophilization, and/or capsule filling is preferred. Occasional travel to Vedanta’s Acton, MA manufacturing facility may be required.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Manufacturing Master Cell Banks, Drug Substance and Drug Product in a GMP environment
- Authoring and revising SOPs and Batch Records
- Preparing media, buffers, and single-use components for GMP use
- Operating and maintaining small-scale process equipment
- Ordering and inventorying raw materials
- Coordinating 3rd party contractors and vendors
- BS in a Scientific Discipline or Engineering
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of hands on experience with GMP manufacturing
- Direct experience with cell banking, cell culture, fermentation, cross-flow filtration, lyophilization, and/or capsule filling is desired