About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
Reporting to the VP Program Management, the Director, Program Management will be primarily responsible for managing the teams to program milestones and developing and maintaining program deliverables for Vedanta’s government funded programs. This individual will be the key liaison between the company and the government agencies. The Director, Program Management will manage the teams to meet contract requirements and program deliverables, as well as serve as point of contact for all aspects related to the contract/program.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- From an established plan, budget, objectives and milestones, drive team and tasks to completion of deliverables.
- With functional leads, manage coordination of program activities, establish routine meetings and agendas, and communicate program information to the team and to senior leadership.
- Working with finance and accounting, determine and report actuals to budget on personnel time and expenses to generate monthly and quarterly reports. Assist in developing vendor SOWs that align with program and agency guidelines.
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports to agency; work with team leads to update on progress, and provide justification for deviations and description of new issues.
- Draft monthly and quarterly executive summaries, update Gantt charts, and update the Risk Management Plan.
- Organize, plan and develop Deliverables packages. Work with teams and functional leads to assemble the necessary content. Interface with agency and address follow-up requests.
- Supports team members, overall team function and department managers in their strategic function in support of the program.
- Working with other Program Managers, recommend processes or procedures that facilitate program activities.
- Experience with multi-year, $10M+ government grants program management and agency interactions for clinical stage development; particularly strong in communication and report writing skills for grants
- 8+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment with fundamental understanding of clinical stage drug development processes with 5+ years in project /program management. Ideally, this experience is coupled with BS/MS in life sciences
- Program/project management experience, PMP preferred, experienced with Gantt/planning concepts, Risk Management, Stage Gate processes
- 5+ years experience managing interdisciplinary drug development teams. Excellence in communication, organization and motivation of people and teams.
- Familiar with cost accounting practices and budget management and reporting. Skilled in MS Office tools and MS Project software.