At Synlogic: We are Putting LIFE Into Medicines.
We are pioneers in the development of Synthetic BioticTM medicines, a novel class of LIVING medicines intended to transform the lives of patients with a broad range of diseases ranging from genetic and acquired metabolic diseases to inflammation and cancer.
Every day our teams work tirelessly to drive to deliver on 4 aspirations:
- People: LIVING each day with passion for building up and building out our Synlogic team
- Platform: Expanding and enhancing the technology to generate and protect novel LIVING medicines with new and versatile mechanisms of action
- Products: Rapidly developing and commercializing Synthetic Biotics that transform the LIVES of patients and their families
- Promise: Building our company to launch multiple novel LIVING medicines – mastering a new frontier in medicine
We combine Human Logic and Science Logic to drive meaningful work, careers, and LIFE
at Synlogic. We foster a people-focused environment grounded in: Compassion, Transparency, Collaboration & Fun, while adopting a patient-focused mindset to inspire: Innovation, Integrity, High Performance, and LIFE
We continue to build and enhance our organization. If you want a settled environment, pursuing a well-walked path then this environment is probably not for you. If you want to join a growing company, work hard, and challenge yourself to find solutions at a new frontier of medicines then we would love to hear from you
Synlogic is a leading biotechnology/synthetic biology company located in Cambridge, MA that is focused on the development of novel therapeutic microorganisms for the treatment of important human diseases, including inborn errors of metabolism. We are currently seeking a motivated individual with experience in in vivo
pharmacology to join our research Metabolic Disease team by contributing to the design and execution of in vivo
pharmacology studies in relevant animal models. The ideal candidate should have extensive hands-on experience with mice, be a team player and comfortable coordinating research activities spanning from early discovery to IND enabling studies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Design and execute in vivo pharmacology studies to support or lead projects and report data to project teams and external collaborators
- Perform ex vivo assays (ELISA, western blot, quantitative PCR and other measures of protein and biomarker production) to support molecular analysis of in vivo pharmacology studies
- Generate data reports and rigorously maintain an electronic notebook
- Occasionally perform basic microbiology tasks
- BS or MS in pharmacology, biology or a related discipline with at least 2-5 years of proven experience in in-vivo pharmacology
- Hands-on experience in executing all aspects of in vivo pharmacology studies (dosing by PO, IV, IP, SC routes; blood collection by sub-mandibular, cardiac puncture; animal dissection and tissue harvest) is absolutely required
- Ability to perform ex-vivo analysis of tissue and blood samples a must
- Experience with the drug discovery process is preferred
- Experience with surgeries in mice is preferred
- Experience with coordinating NHP studies is preferred
- Additional experience in microbiology is a plus
- Highly organized with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a highly integrated and collaborative environment
VALUES & BEHAVIORS:
We are at our best when we combine Human Logic and Science Logic to build great teams and deliver outstanding results. Our 6 values of Compassion, Fun, Trust & Respect, Innovation, Integrity and Results are central to our organization.
Our compassion for patients is the engine that drives our innovation and motivates our sense of urgency; always remembering that patients are waiting. Our compassion for each other creates a safe environment for continuous risk taking and personal development. We connect with our colleagues by having fun together.
We take our work seriously and value integrity in producing the highest quality work. We trust each other, respecting all ideas and driving accountability to generate the best results for our patients and team. We encourage openness, direct feedback and transparency in decision-making to enable trust and maintain the nimbleness of the group
We seek individuals who exemplify these behaviors and who encourage others to do the same.