Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are looking for an entry level engineer in downstream processing to join the Cell Product Development team as a key laboratory-based team member to advance the downstream process development for our RCT™ platform. The engineer will learn and aid in downstream science with a hands-on approach to optimize, scale-up, and characterize the novel cell therapy platform. The ideal candidate will have some direct, hands-on industrial downstream experience (ideally in biologics, gene and/or cell therapy process development) obtained from prior work experience, internships, or co-op assignments. This candidate must be a strong technical thinker. The job also requires this contributor to collaborates a high quality team member with partner groups including Manufacturing Sciences & Technology, Analytical and Product Development, and Gene Delivery to facilitate rapid process development cycles.
Qualifications & Education
- Execute downstream process development unit operations to optimize workflows while maintaining product quality.
- Optimize process development to reduce and remove process and product related impurities.
- Implement novel sensor technology to directly monitor and control processes
- Document and communicate results in a timely manner.
- Present and communicate study results at company meetings.
- BS 0-3+ years of experience in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Prior experience as part of prior biologics/gene therapy/cell therapy industrial work experience, co-op assignments/internships and/or academic experience screening media and process conditions for depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, alternating tangential flow filtration, etc expected. Prior experience with these technologies desired.
- Prior experience with analytical assays such as ELISA, flow cytometry, and similar technology desired.
- Strong laboratory-based skill sets based on prior laboratory experience
- Motivated, curious, dedicated and comfortable working in the laboratory with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.