Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
The Translational Research department at Rubius is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our team. This role will serve a critical function assisting in the development of novel assays which bridge the gap between our discovery and clinical teams. The individual will be involved in supporting ongoing studies involving biomarker identification and characterization, anti-drug antibody detection, and immune cell function. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced biopharmaceutical environment and will be adept at applying their expertise to a variety of projects and experimental modalities. Experience with designing and executing cell-based assays, flow cytometry, and molecular techniques along with analysis of results is critical. Strong communication skills and attentiveness to detail are also key attributes.
Qualifications & Education
- Experience with plate-and cell-based assays and principles of experimental design (exposure to / familiarity with multi-colored Flow cytometry, Cell counters, ELISA, MSD, qPCR/ddPCR preferred).
- Responsible for the maintenance of critical reagents.
- Perform basic cell culture (experience with primary cell culture a plus).
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment and interact cross-departmentally.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental design, execution, and results.
- Perform experiments semi-independently in support of Translation Research initiatives.
- Ability to present data in small- and large-scale group formats.
- BS/MS degree with 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience (pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience a plus).
- Basic knowledge of immunology principles and application to oncology initiatives.
- Positive attitude and passion for assay development in support of drug discovery and development.