At Synlogic: We are Putting LIFE Into Medicines.
We are pioneers in the development of Synthetic BioticTM medicines, a novel class of LIVING medicines intended to transform the lives of patients with a broad range of diseases ranging from genetic and acquired metabolic diseases to inflammation and cancer.
Every day our teams work tirelessly to drive to deliver on 4 aspirations:
- People: LIVING each day with passion for building up and building out our Synlogic team
- Platform: Expanding and enhancing the technology to generate and protect novel LIVING medicines with new and versatile mechanisms of action
- Products: Rapidly developing and commercializing Synthetic Biotics that transform the LIVES of patients and their families
- Promise: Building our company to launch multiple novel LIVING medicines – mastering a new frontier in medicine
We combine Human Logic and Science Logic to drive meaningful work, careers, and LIFE
at Synlogic. We foster a people-focused environment grounded in: Compassion, Transparency, Collaboration & Fun, while adopting a patient-focused mindset to inspire: Innovation, Integrity, High Performance, and LIFE
We continue to build and enhance our organization. If you want a settled environment, pursuing a well-walked path then this environment is probably not for you. If you want to join a growing company, work hard, and challenge yourself to find solutions at a new frontier of medicines then we would love to hear from you
Synlogic is a leading biotechnology/synthetic biology company located in Cambridge, MA that is focused on the development of novel therapeutic microorganisms for the treatment of important human diseases, including inborn errors of metabolism, IBD and cancer.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual with experience in strain engineering and synthetic biology to work on the discovery stage of new living medicine projects by contributing to strain engineering, metabolic optimization and strain characterization in collaboration with multiple functional groups within the organization.
This role represents a unique opportunity to drive the discovery and advancement of living medicines across our immunomodulation as well as metabolic diseases programs. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently, have a proactive nature regarding problem solving, and eagerly engage new technologies as needed to overcome scientific challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Very strong in engineering E. coli or other microbes using common molecular biology tools with minimum supervision post-training
- Characterize strains using available assays or by employing new ones
- Be very proactive in troubleshooting to move projects forward
- Understand synthetic biology and metabolic engineering concepts
- BS in molecular biology, microbiology, or similar field with hands-on bench experience in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotech setting working on scientific projects.
- Demonstrated strain engineering experience with E. coli or other organisms.
- Expertise with routine microbiology and molecular biology techniques such as PCR, cloning, transformation. Familiar with Gibson assembly and type II cloning.
- Familiarity with common biochemistry or cell-based assays is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and an ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, accommodate flexibility and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
VALUES & BEHAVIORS:
We are at our best when we combine Human Logic and Science Logic to build great teams and deliver outstanding results. Our 6 values of Compassion, Fun, Trust & Respect, Innovation, Integrity and Results are central to our organization.
Our compassion for patients is the engine that drives our innovation and motivates our sense of urgency; always remembering that patients are waiting. Our compassion for each other creates a safe environment for continuous risk taking and personal development. We connect with our colleagues by having fun together.
We take our work seriously and value integrity in producing the highest quality work. We trust each other, respecting all ideas and driving accountability to generate the best results for our patients and team. We encourage openness, direct feedback and transparency in decision-making to enable trust and maintain the nimbleness of the group
We seek individuals who exemplify these behaviors and who encourage others to do the same.