Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are looking for a Scientist to join our Culture Science (Rubius Prime) team to design & develop prototypes for our cultured RCT to advance Red Cell Therapeutic prototypes in Discovery. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, technically competent and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals, with deep scientific background in cell engineering and engineering processes to mammalian culture systems, who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Qualifications & Education
- Work closely with Discovery groups to design prototypes across multiple therapeutic groups
- Work with a team of researchers to guide various scientific projects
- Develop tools to improve the RCT platform for advancement of various discovery prototypes
- Utilize strong knowledge of broad scientific and technical concepts and applies this towards assigned projects and department objectives.
- Independently performs data analysis on complex data sets and/or assignments. Prepares summary reports and proper electronic notebook record keeping.
- Communication of experimental plans and data to multiple cross-functional scientific teams
- Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of company’s intellectual property.
- Assist in maintaining a strong, entrepreneurial and creative culture with a clear sense of urgency and focus on providing transformational therapies to patients.
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred
- Strong background in protein design, protein engineering, cell engineering, and development of methods to improve construct screening
- Ability to apply deep understanding of the biology involved in cell differentiation for cell engineering.
- Strong experimental skills and aseptic technique including handling of primary cell culture, mammalian cell lines, molecular biology skills
- Experience with lenti-virus, stem cell culture, differentiation of cells, cell line development, and flow cytometry
- Additional experience which is not required, but highly desirable for this role: Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) sample preparation and/or data analysis, MHC Associated Peptide Proteomics (MAPPs), cell-based reporter assay development
- Passionate about working at the bench to independently contribute to research directions and solve challenging issues
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver conclusive results
- Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering for challenging commitments
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team oriented with strong work ethic