Sherlock Biosciences is an exciting new diagnostic company, based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms. We are seeking a Fermentation Engineer to advance microbial fermentation and process development efforts associated with our cutting-edge synthetic biology platform.
The ideal candidate will have experience in strain engineering, bacterial fermentation development, and downstream processes. We are seeking an exceptional individual to join an innovative and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through cutting-edge CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Development and optimization of scalable bacterial cell growth and downstream processes to achieve desired performance metrics.
- Setup and operation of bioreactor systems for continuous culture and monitoring of key bacterial cell growth processes.
- Optimization of strains and processes, using Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques.
- Planning and communication of development timelines.
- Developing and writing SOPs for fermentation and downstream processes.
- Troubleshooting issues related to fermentation, continuous culture, cell harvest, and other downstream processes and implementation of corrective actions.
- Working with external partners and contract manufacturers to develop and scale processes.
- Contribute to company’s IP portfolio.
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or similar with 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Expert at setup/operation of 1-10L bioreactors and continuous culture.
- Experience with DOE implementation.
- Deep experience with strain and fermentation development.
- Demonstrated prior success in process development.
- Experience with cell-free systems a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT
We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.