Tango is an oncology biotechnology company with a focus on exploiting synthetic lethal interactions to discover and develop new breakthrough cancer therapies.
Our discovery efforts begin and end with patients. We have inverted the traditional discovery paradigm with our target discovery platform, where the discovery of novel targets and the associated patient selection strategy are integrated into a single experimental design. Our platform uses cutting-edge CRISPR technologies to identify novel targets for genetically-defined groups of cancer patients. We leverage the principles of synthetic lethality to find novel dependencies in cancer cells and identify the relevant drug targets. As we advance our molecules into the clinic, our trials will enroll the patients most likely to benefit from our new treatments as identified in the target discovery profess, thereby enabling greater speed, success, and impact for those patients.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and enthusiastic immunologist to work on building our Immunology and Immuno-Oncology programs. This individual will work primarily at the bench to help drive target identification, validation, and patient selection strategies.
Experience and essential skills:
- Culture and engineer primary human T cells and murine T cells using genetic tools
- Culture and engineer primary human tumor cell lines and murine cell lines using genetic tools
- Assessment and analysis of T cell phenotype and function by multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, and gene expression analysis
- Assessment and analysis of cancer cell function by multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, and gene expression analysis
- Perform T cell functional and phenotypic assays including proliferation, differentiation and exhaustion assays
- Assist with the training of lab personnel
- Prepare samples for sequencing, gene expression, and protein expression analysis
- Work in an engaged team environment both collaboratively and independently
- B.S. or M.S. in immunology (or related) with 0-8 years of experience in industry
- Knowledge of adaptive and innate immunity in the context of cancer is preferred
- Experience performing flow cytometry and related data analysis
- Experience with primary immune cell functional and phenotypic assays
- Experience with lentivirus preparation and infection a plus
- Ability to analyze and present data
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Independent, flexible, and self-motivated