We make healthy cells invisible to targeted therapies
Targeted therapies work by attacking cells that express particular proteins on their surface. Unfortunately, both diseased and healthy cells often express the same proteins, resulting in collateral damage to healthy cells.
At Vor, we engineer hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to lack a biologically redundant target protein, then transplant these cells into the patient.
These eHSCs give rise to generations of new healthy blood cells that are effectively invisible to targeted therapies. Diseased cells displaying the target protein and are then vulnerable to attack. This process potentially broadens the therapeutic window and improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies.
Vor Biopharma is thrilled to have been chosen as the 2019 Xconomy Cell Therapy Platform of the year. We are well-funded by 5AM Ventures and RA Capital, among others. Please visit our website at https://www.vorbiopharma.com/
for more information.
What we value in our fellow Voracians
Enthusiastically driving our science toward innovative medicines
Fostering genuine bonds of collaboration and mentorship
Acting selflessly by putting the collective mission first
As an equal opportunity employer, we at Vor Biopharma know that diversity inspires innovation, inclusiveness, and creativity. We invite you to come as you are. All applicants will be considered for employment agnostic to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an organized and dedicated Senior Administrative Assistant to join our team. This individual will be self-driven and ambitious. As a Senior Administrative Assistant, you will support our CMO/Clinical, CLO and Legal, CRO and Quality/Regulatory teams, HR team managers, and employees through various tasks related to organization and communication. You will use your strong communication and organizational skills to work with fully remote team members. You may also be required to oversee the work of junior staff.
This individual will perform and coordinate office services, including the organization of office areas and equipment, the planning/scheduling of office meetings and events, and providing general office support services to staff. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic. This individual will feel comfortable working with fast-changing teams in a fast-paced environment.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide general and ad hoc support to executive team members and other team members
- Manage all Outlook calendars for respected executives and teams
- Assist in recruiting by scheduling interviews and making travel arrangements for candidates in collaboration with staffing consultants and hiring managers
- Coordinate and plan meetings, events, workshops, and seminars
- Assist with domestic and international travel needs
- Establish cooperative working relationships with other administrative functions in the organization and vendors to ensure good teamwork
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate documents from legal, HR, clinical, etc.
- Interest in cultivating and maintaining company culture
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2-4 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Have an interest and understanding of office functionality and processes
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Strong cooperative team player, ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing environment
- Must have excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills
- Must be energetic and enthusiastic, respond constructively to challenging new ideas
- High attention to detail