Akouos is building a leading gene therapy company focused on hearing disorders. We are a precision genetic medicine company focused on developing gene therapies with the potential to restore, improve and preserve high-acuity physiologic hearing for people worldwide who live with disabling hearing loss.
Restoring, improving and preserving high-acuity hearing is an area of high unmet need in medicine: 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss, and there are no FDA-approved therapies to address its underlying causes.
Akouos was founded in 2016 by leaders in the fields of neurotology, genetics, inner ear drug delivery, and AAV gene therapy. Listening is in our DNA. We believe the only way to achieve our ambitious goals is to engage as one team, listen to each other, and trust in ourselves and our science.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the Company’s Finance team as a Staff Accountant. This role is responsible for performing an array of general accounting tasks including reconciliations, processing, reporting and analysis.
- Prepare and maintain various balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and assist with the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process
- Assist with the preparation for internal and external financial reporting
- Oversee outsourced A/P workflow process
- Maintain W9’s for all vendors and issue 1099’s annually
- Process expense reports and corporate card expenses
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- At least 1-2 years of experience
- Previous experience at a publicly traded company, with a strong preference for pharmaceuticals or life sciences
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with solid conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- NetSuite experience preferred