Ascidian Therapeutics is hiring a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, AAV Production/Purification!
Come join our team, and together we’ll revolutionize gene therapy!
Ascidian Biotherapeutics! A Boston based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
We want you
To join our rapidly expanding team and help us form Ascidian into a startup that takes science seriously while providing a supportive and positive environment. We’ll benefit from your skills and talent while enriching your professional and scientific experience as we grow the company together.
Gene therapy is entering a new era, as the scientific community continuously pushes the field forward. But current technologies cannot overcome the challenges of many diseases. Ascidian’s unique approach aims to unlock these doors and in doing so, enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
Ascidian is located in Boston within the brand new SmartLabs facility at 40 Guest St. in Boston, MA.
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with protein/AAV purification experience, to be based in our Boston-area location, who will:
- Maintain cultured cell lines
- Assist in AAV production and quantification
- Perform transfections and transductions to evaluate novel libraries
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
- Follow lab protocols and safety rules
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required:
- BS or MS in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields
- 2+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Experienced in virus (preferably AAV) production, purification, titration, and transduction
- Highly skilled at cell culture:
- Experienced in standard Molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, gel electrophoresis and imaging and cloning
- Ability to conduct advanced protocols and procedures precisely and consistently
- Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results
- Skilled in the following Molecular biology methods:
- Standard and Gibson Cloning: bacterial transformation, culture, plating, and plasmid purification
- Western blot
- Knowledge of oligo/primer/probe/gBlock design strategies
- Sequence design and analysis software skills, such as Benchling and BLAST