Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
The Analytical Development group supports method development, characterization and quality attribute assessment of lentiviral vector and cellular therapy product. We are looking for a Senior Research Associate to join our team to support these efforts. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are seeking enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated individuals with scientific background in analytical characterization of cell and gene therapy products and/or protein therapeutics.
- Independently develop, optimize, and qualify analytical methods to characterize viral vector and cell therapy products
- Perform and coordinate analytical testing in support of process development, cGMP investigations and product characterization.
- Designs and executes experiments to characterize RCT drug product for protein expression, cell metabolism and lipid structure and function
- Identifies critical product quality attributes in RCT drug product through forced degradation and structure-function related studies.
- Characterize process and product related impurities in cell product and viral vector in collaboration with process development teams
- Evaluate new technologies to assess biophysical and biochemical properties of RCTs.
- Participate in the support of analytical activities at CMOs and CTOs related to analytics including method qualification, data trending, troubleshooting, optimization, review and reporting.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally within CMC and/or project teams.
- Author reports and source documentation to support regulatory filings.
Qualifications & Education
- The candidate should have a BS/MS degree with minimal 3 years of experience in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field with relevant laboratory experience, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred.
- Passionate about working at the bench to independently troubleshoot experiments and contribute to research directions
- Extensive experience in flow cytometry method development and surface marker evaluation
- Experiences in developing and executing assays in one of the following areas - qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, MSD and cell-based potency assay
- Understanding of compliance and cGMP considerations.
- Must be a team player prepared to lead, work in, and embrace a team-based culture.