Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and highly motivated individual to join our Molecular Assays team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of various types of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and nucleic acid quantification experiments that support our strategic scientific direction.
- Execute various types of NGS (e.g. Amplicon-Seq, Unidirectional-Seq) and other nucleic acid assays (e.g. ddPCR, qPCR, qRT-PCR)
- Collaborate with various scientific and informatics teams to enable the assays team to support research activities, project goals, and platform development
- Work with a dynamic team and cross-train with other team members
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks and reporting data and results to the scientific team
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, genetics, cell biology or related field with 2+ years of industry experience is required
- Prior experience with NGS library processing and Illumina instrumental run is required
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with scientific teams
- Curious and motivated to learn other types of assays
- Detail-oriented with the ability to keep good experimental records
- Excellent communication skills, ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications, if you have these it would be a plus:
- Basic knowledge of NGS data analysis is a plus
- Prior experience with automation
- Experience with or exposure to HTS assays
- Experience with gene editing, gene therapy, or single-cell sequencing technologies