Senior Scientist, Lateral Flow Assay Development
Sherlock Biosciences is creating a new generation of molecular diagnostics that can rapidly deliver accurate and inexpensive results in any setting. We are looking for an outstanding Senior Scientist to develop and launch synthetic biology-based diagnostic products that combine molecular detection and lateral flow readout. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of research and development activities and contributing to strategic direction of this new class of products. In addition, the successful candidate will help drive the innovation of the INSPECTR platform and translate technology advancements into products.
This role provides strategic and technical leadership in defining and achieving assay and product development objectives while ensuring compliance with health authority requirements. The Senior Scientist will also contribute to partnering activities with life cycle teams and internal as well as external business partners to drive innovation and product development. This role will drive continuous improvement within platform and product development processes and manage resources to achieve business results within budget. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through highly innovative platforms for molecular diagnostics.
- Conduct feasibility studies for lateral flow assays, develop reagents within design control process and oversee validations.
- Oversee and conduct research and development of new lateral flow assays and the transfer of products to Operations.
- Manage critical reagent development, validation, and transfer to Operations.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Manage deliverables in the development and commercialization of reagent applications and new product development.
- Direct analytical studies for Marketing and FDA approval and ensure GMP, ISO and IVDD compliant documentation.
- Interview, hire and manage staff providing performance feedback and mentorship.
- Develop workforce planning models and required skill sets within team to meet future technology requirements.
- Monitor work to ensure quality, and continuously promote First Time Quality.
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering or Life Sciences with a 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in the fundamentals of lateral flow assay development and demonstrated accomplishments in lateral flow assay development under design control.
- Experienced in IVD product development and FDA submissions.
- Management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cell and molecular biology, pathology, histology, or biochemistry with technical aptitude to learn different scientific applications quickly.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, creative problem solver in technical areas.
- Familiarity with the various regulatory requirements (GMP, ISO and IVDD).
- Must work well with cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT
We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.