Tango is an oncology biotechnology company focused on exploiting synthetic lethal interactions to discover and develop new breakthrough cancer therapies.
Our discovery efforts begin and end with patients. We have inverted the traditional discovery paradigm with our target discovery platform, where the discovery of novel targets and the associated patient selection strategy are integrated into a single experimental design. Our platform uses cutting-edge CRISPR technologies to identify novel targets for genetically-defined groups of cancer patients. We leverage the principles of synthetic lethality to find novel dependencies in cancer cells and identify the relevant drug targets. As we advance our molecules into the clinic, our trials will enroll the patients most likely to benefit from our new treatments as identified in the target discovery profess, thereby enabling greater speed, success, and impact for those patients.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic Software Developer to work on various high-dimensional bioinformatics projects centered on target identification, drug discovery, and translational research. The individual will work with computational biologists to design tools for computational analysis, including next-generation sequencing data. The successful candidate must have experience developing novel methods, analysis strategies, and tools to filter and distill multi-dimensional datasets to support primary research. A critical component of the job will be close collaboration with multi-disciplinary internal discovery teams and external collaborators.
- Design and evaluate efficient data ingress pipelines for both existing data assets and newly identified data sources
- Engage with lab scientists, computational biologists, and research informaticists as a project team member and contribute to a culture of innovative data analysis and reporting
- Research and recommend innovative new methods and systems to process, store, and visualize data across a range of disparate sources, and empower data visualization, analysis, and reporting for broad scientific consumption
Skills & Qualifications
- B.S in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or a related quantitative discipline. M.S. degree in the same fields is preferred. Experience is strongly considered
- 3+ years’ experience as a software engineer, ideally focused on data-driven software development
- Demonstrated experience using modern software development practices, deploying from production repositories, and developing data-science products
- Strong programming skills and experience in algorithm development (Python, C++, Rust)
- Knowledge of statistics and computational data analysis (R, Python, Julia)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multi-disciplinary teams composed of scientists and non-scientists to translate emerging research to guide internal programs
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, particularly of complex information and concepts
- Knowledge of biology/cancer biology/genetics is not required, though demonstrated intellectual curiosity is a valuable asset
Other Ideal Areas of Scientific Expertise:
- Experience with a functional language (Scala, Clojure, OCaml)
- Experience building ETL pipelines, using open source orchestration/workflow platforms
- Experience solving intricate problems related to data modeling, cleaning, merging, debugging, or extracting