Intergalactic Therapeutics is a bio-innovation company developing, delivering, and democratizing novel non-viral gene therapies for patients. Intergalactic’s proprietary synthetic c3DNA construct has the potential to deliver transformative therapeutic intervention for unmet medical needs and at a cost enabling global accessibility.
The Molecular Design and Delivery group at Intergalactic Therapeutics is seeking a highly driven and innovative Scientist/Senior Scientist with expertise in non-viral or viral delivery of nucleic acid therapeutics. The successful candidate will play an integral role in developing Intergalactic’s proprietary non-viral delivery platforms in support of the advancement of truly differentiated gene therapies. This person will report to Jodi Kennedy, our Senior Director of Molecular Design & Delivery.
Expertise in protein biochemistry, biophysical methods, and drug delivery sciences required.
- Design, optimize, and implement new drug delivery concepts for development and delivery of safe and efficacious gene therapies
- Understand scope and limitations of current therapeutic delivery strategies and overcome them
- Work closely with members of Molecular Design, Drug Discovery, In Vivo Pharmacology, and Analytical Sciences to discover novel non-viral delivery technologies in support of the advancement of Intergalactic’s therapeutic programs and non-viral delivery platform(s)
- Develop, optimize and implement a panel of robust and reliable in vitro assays for screening and assessment of gene delivery vehicles and process optimizations
- Participate in method development and technology innovation efforts to progress and extend our technology platform into novel applications
- Provide leadership and training to junior scientists and oversee day-to-day activities as needed
- Deliver on key milestones within defined timelines
- Ph.D. in Biophysical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biophysics, Biology, Bioengineering or related field with 0-5 years of relevant postdoctoral or industrial experience
- Expertise in at least one of the following drug delivery systems: lipid nanoparticles, polymersomes, protein-based nanoparticles, nanoparticle functionalization/targeting, non-immunogenic surface engineering, or lipid/polymer biophysics
- Experience using a variety of bioanalytical and biophysical tools to assess protein: nucleic acid interactions required (for e.g., fluorescence spectroscopy, DSC, ITC, FTIR, UV/Vis spectroscopy, AUC, SPR, HPLC)
- Experience in protein/capsid engineering highly desired
- Experience/Desire to mentor and train Research Associates as needed
- Proactive and collaborative mindset, exhibiting an enthusiastic team attitude