Intergalactic Therapeutics is a bio-innovation company developing, delivering, and democratizing novel non-viral gene therapies for patients. Intergalactic’s proprietary synthetic c3DNA construct has the potential to deliver transformative therapeutic intervention for unmet medical needs and at a cost enabling global accessibility.
The Molecular Design and Delivery group at Intergalactic Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Associate to help advance the company’s proprietary non-viral gene therapy platform. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the optimization and characterization of new and improved non-viral DNA expression vectors. This person will report to Jodi Kennedy, our Senior Director of Molecular Design & Delivery.
- Utilize modern synthetic biology approaches to develop and implement strategies for vector and library construction
- Design and generate constructs in support of the advancement of Intergalactic’s therapeutic programs
- Conceive and execute experiments to inform construct optimization strategies
- Analyze construct performance and molecular attributes in vitro
- Help advance the development and implementation of high-throughput genetic strategies for screening and evaluating constructs (for e.g., Library design/construction/sequencing and analysis)
- Work in cross-functional teams to advance Intergalactic’s therapeutic programs and technology platform development
- Deliver on key milestones within defined timelines
- BS/MS in Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics/Genomics, Virology, or related field with 2+ years of relevant academic or industrial experience
- Experience designing gene expression constructs with advanced molecular biology skills (multiple gene assembly and E. coli genome manipulation) is preferred
- Experience with cell culture (for e.g., transfections, cell banking, cell line maintenance) is required
- Experience developing, optimizing, and implementing biochemical and cellular assays to assess biological activity and biotherapeutic performance (for e.g., qPCR, western blot, ELISA, and FACS) is preferred
- Downstream experience with standard chromatography and/or DNA purification kits is a plus
- Proven ability to work independently in hands-on laboratory setting; self-motivated to learn and develop new techniques; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and collaborative mindset, exhibiting an enthusiastic team attitude