Akouos is building a leading gene therapy company focused on hearing disorders. We are a precision genetic medicine company focused on developing gene therapies with the potential to restore, improve and preserve high-acuity physiologic hearing for people worldwide who live with disabling hearing loss.
Restoring, improving and preserving high-acuity hearing is an area of high unmet need in medicine: 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss, and there are no FDA-approved therapies to address its underlying causes.
Akouos was founded in 2016 by leaders in the fields of neurotology, genetics, inner ear drug delivery, and AAV gene therapy. Listening is in our DNA. We believe the only way to achieve our ambitious goals is to engage as one team, listen to each other, and trust in ourselves and our science.
Akouos is seeking an IT Operations Engineer to lead the day-to-day activities of information technology (IT) department, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. Reporting to the Director of IT, you will be in a technical, individual contributor role to provide technical support to company employees, whether in person or remotely.
- IT Operations Engineer shall be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assist users with IT related incidents
- Perform comprehensive maintenance which includes PC, laptops, and other PC peripherals.
- Perform Active Directory additions, moves and changes.
- Work in coordination with IT Managed Service Vendor to relocate & setup PCs, laptops and other peripherals
- Overseeing the security of the computer rooms and racking/troubleshooting server/network equipment.
- Support deployment projects as assigned.
- User onboarding/offboarding
- Creating/updating KB articles and other documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 3 years of IT technical support experience.
- Hands-on experience with network infrastructure, VPN solutions, disaster recovery, storage management
- Proven work experience in desktop support, technical support or similar role
- Windows Operating Systems (7, 10, etc.)
- Windows Server Tools (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, etc.)
- Cloud Platforms (Office 365, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Familiar with remote hardware/software troubleshooting techniques
- Working knowledge of office automation
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Strong organizational skills
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills
- Exhibit problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Communicate effective with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy