Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing™, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and doctors the ability to write and rewrite small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing, while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization and efficacy.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-class category companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value.
To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a RNA Biology Scientist. This person will optimize RNA for therapeutic use. This includes the design and execution of robust laboratory experiments to improve RNA stability, translation, and delivery in relevant cell lines and primary cells.
- Lead the optimization of various RNAs for therapeutic use in relevant cell models.
- Design, prepare, and optimize RNAs including sequence modifications and nucleotide modifications with an understanding of biological processes.
- Design and execute robust laboratory experiments, interpret data, communicate findings, and maintain high-quality records.
- Contribute to scientific discussions and strategic collaborations with academic or industrial partners aimed at advancing Tessera’s technology.
- Participate in devising Tessera’s research strategies with a focus on intellectual property protection.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ph.D. with specialization in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or equivalent scientific discipline.
- Experience with mRNA sequence and nucleotide modifications and its impact on expression, localization and immunogenicity.
- Familiarity with mRNA immunogenicity.
- Optimization of electroporation or lipid delivery of RNAs into cell lines (primary cell experience a plus).
- mRNA translational control and RNA processing.
- Experience with circular RNAs is a plus.