Associate Data Scientist
Sherlock Biosciences, an exciting new diagnostic company based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms, is seeking an outstanding Associate Data Scientist to streamline and advance in-house bioinformatics and data-analysis pipelines. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing and managing in-house bioinformatics codebases, as well as transforming existing data-analysis pipelines into user-friendly platforms for deployment.
This role sits at a unique intersection of big-data, genomics, synthetic-biology, and computational science; as such, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to pick up new interdisciplinary skills that can be broadly leveraged. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics. We recently received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for our CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 kits to detect the virus that causes COVID-19. This is the first FDA-authorized use of CRISPR technology.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Develop unit-tests and GUI code for in-house codebases
- Oversee bioinformatics database curation
- Manage databases spanning several company projects
- Run bioinformatics and data-analysis codes and provide the desired outputs
- Monitor codebases for software changes
- Partner with and report to the computational team to advance the broader in silico discovery pipelines
- BSc or minimum of 2 years’ research experience in computational biology
- Direct experience working with Python preferred
- Demonstrated accomplishments in computational biology/bioinformatics
- Strong background in Python and molecular biology
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics, and publicly available bioinformatics tools
- Excellent communication skills and creative problem solver in Python programming
- Familiarity with statistics and biochemistry
- Must work well with cross functional teams
- Must be familiar with Linux (i.e. Ubuntu)
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT
We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.